We're Making Waves! - Newsletter No. 16 - Sun 2nd February - Season 2019-20
1. INTER-DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS – SAT 7th MARCH/SUN 8th MARCH
*Please let the Head Coach know by Fri 7th at latest (earlier preferred) if your swimmer is available for selection for these championships.
Our district, comprising the clubs of Gawler, Clare and Barossa, took home the spoils at this event in its inception last year. This is one of the few chances swimmers have to represent a team outside their own club, so we are hoping that Barossa swimmers regard selection to this team as an honour, and as something to wish they aspire.
Athletes from the Barossa Swimming Club are asked to indicate their availability (or not) for team selection by return email by next Friday the 7th February at the latest – please note that nomination for the team does not guarantee selection.
Age is taken as at the first day of the meet on 7th March, and teams consist of swimmers across the following age groups: Girls 11-18yrs, Boys 12-19yrs
Thank you to the following 14 swimmers who have indicated their availability for selection: Nyah Schubert, Emma Schubert, Freya Cartledge, Ella Goldsmith, Claire Goldsmith, Harliai Curthoys-Davies, Keian Curthoys-Davies, Miella Curthoys-Davies, Sage Logan, Jonte Reimann, Charlotte Ashmead, Sophie Ashmead, Jasmine Carroll, Ahkira Phelan
A summary of the events and the weekend’s program are shown below.
• 50 and 100 Boys – 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-19 (3 swimmers per event)
• 50 and 100 Girls – 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18 (3 swimmers per event)
• 200 Free and IM Boys – 12-15, 16-19 (2 swimmers per event)
• 200 Free and IM Girls – 11-14, 15-18 (2 swimmers per event)
• 200 Breast/Back/Fly and 400 Free/IM Boys – 11-19 (2 swimmers per event)
• 200 Breast/Back/Fly and 400 Free/IM Girls – 11-19 (2 swimmers per event)
Program of Events: